For a full list of events: See upcoming events
Footloose usually has 9 daysail events in a summer. We sail out of the north Leschi marina on the west shore of Lake Washington between the two floating bridges. The events consist of two sailing sessions from 12pm to 2pm then 2:30pm to 4:30pm and both of these sessions can be shorter if needed.
Arrive hour before each session starts and please bring your own lunch, appropriate clothing for the weather, sunblock and hat. You can just go for a ride and enjoy the experience and/or learn about sailing with how the sails work, how to tie a bowline, the names of boat parts and much more. If you want, you can help sail the boat too! Family, friends and caregivers are also welcome if there is room on the boat.
Park on the side of the parking lot away from the water or you will be ticketed by the city!
- Volunteers arrive at 10am
- Participant sailors arrive at 11am
- Boats begin loading at 11:30am
- First sail 12pm – 2pm
- Second sail 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- You need to arrive by 1:30pm if you want to sail in the second sail
Some recommended items
- Properly dressed for weather conditions
- Bring your own lunch
- Medication (we do not give out medication)
- Caregiver if needed
- Water bottle
- Fun, relaxed sailing experience
- Able crew to manage the boats
- Life jackets (If you have your own please feel free to bring it!)
- Davit system with a Hoyer sling for assistance getting into and out of boats.
- Please note, there is a 250 pound weight limit for the Davit system.
Footloose is 100% volunteer run and they help with activities on shore, on the docks and on the boats. So, you don’t have to know how to sail to volunteer. Come sailing with Footloose and leave your disability at the dock!